Friday 16 May 2014

Windmills and Bull Rushes

So we seem to be having a beautiful spring so far, it's been gorgeous today and as I've had a day off I nipped to town and picked up some gorgeous laces from the local market.  Sat outside the cafe and had my lunch and soaked up some rays, much need this week as I have had a really bad fybro flare up and it's made me so ill!

Anyway, speaking of spring the card I'm posting todays is perfect for a spring card, it is an order for a customer and they asked if I could do a box card with a windmill.  Hmmm... I said, what's a box card lol!  Anyhoo after doing a bit of research on pinterest and google, I messed about in Silhouette Studio and came up with a box card, which I used for the Days Out sample here.  I then had to come up with a windmill design and this was the fun part, I totally designed the windmill from scratch in PaintShop Pro, Inkscape and Silhouette Studio, I even made tiny mill stones and a picket fence to go with it and I was thrilled with how it came out.  I just love this card, I hope the recipient loves it too :)

I'm hoping to get the cut files up in my shop, I've got a bit of tweaking to do but they should be up by next weekend.
 



Supplies
American Crafts cardstock in Stone, Lagoon, and scraps of green, white, black, grey and brown shades
White Super Smooth 300GSM
Stampin Up ink pads in Marina Mist and Certainly Celery
Brad
Black fine liner
Free Stamp sets from Get Stamping And Creative Stamping
Paper Mania Urban Stamps Dragonflies

Hope you are enjoying the sunshine where ever you are
Happy Crafting
Anna x

No comments: