Friday 11 October 2013

Busy, Busy

Hi all, slacking again with the blogging but real life keeps getting in the way unfortunately.  Quite a few things to share, I'm having a stall at a local Christmas fair this year so getting some cards together to sell.  This will be the first time I've done anything like this so I'm a bit nervous.

I'm also toying with the idea of becoming a Stampin Up demonstrator, I've been mulling it over for a while and I'm not getting anywhere at work so need to focus my attentions elsewhere because I feel like I'm not achieving anything at the moment.

PS. I Love You
So onto the crafty stuff, first up is a scrapbook layout, I can't take full credit for the layout as I loosely followed a layout I'd seen on Cricut.com The papers are Stampin Up from the holiday catalogue winter frost collection, a very versatile collection as it isn't all Christmasy so can be used on other projects and I just loved the colours. The cardstock is all American crafts in lagoon, stone, robin egg and black. I just loved this photo of my hubby and really wanted to do something with it and love how the page looks :) The arrows are cut from the Cricut Southwest cart in AC slate and the words from Wall decor and more in black and white. I just added a bit of faux stitching in black copic fine liner and uniball broad gel pen and added a few accents to the arrows and flags.


Hey Cupcake
This card was a quicky card to send off to my niece in Canada.  The cupcake was cut from the Sweet Treats cart, paper is from DCWV Sweet stack which is totally adorable.   Plus I got it for a fraction of what it should have cost from The Range, along with a few other sale goodies :)  Lots of stickles in baby blue and glam pink, I used seed beads for the sprinkles and the sentiment is from a Fiskars stamp set called The Sweet Life and is stamped in SU early espresso, card stock is also SU early espresso and American Crafts lagoon I think.

Outer Space
These next two I had so much fun with, inspired by Mary from cardcrazy09 on YT.  She makes the most adorable cards.  Both of these monster were cut from the mini monsters cart, I used scraps for the majority.  The rockets are cut from the just because card cart and the stars were punched out from various punches.  The faces were stamped using the adorable Peachy Keen monster mash face stamps and I did a little extra doodling lol!  Sentiments were from SU birthday sentiments.  the black sky was embossed using the cuttlebug devine swirls folder and the orange planet was embossed with a Tim Holtz texture fade on DCWV glitter card and then I coloured over the top with an orange promarker.  To finish them off I just added a some stickles and googley eyes :)

Adorable Ducks
I have had these stamps since June I think and this is the first time I have got around to using them.  I just think they are adorable, they are from Crafty Individuals and come with a lovely sentiment too.  I stamped the background on SU crumb cake cardstock with crumb cake ink, using the Creative Expressions chicken wire background stamp, the matts were cut from SU early espresso and SU DSP Beau Chateau.  I added some SU linen thread, buttons and a tiny tag I cut on the cricut and stamp a sentiment in early espresso.  I stamped the ducks in Ranger archival on water colour paper and coloured them with distress markers.


Colours of Autumn
This card really started off with me experimenting with some Mr Huey sprays I had bought from Create and Craft when they were selling them off.  I was just messing about getting inky and sprayed some colour, then though I'd stamp some leaves and add some perfect pearls, it turned out very pretty and autumnal and so that set the theme for the next lot of cards I made.  Using the background I had made I just added a simple sentiment as a topper and stamped a leaf, added more perfect pearls and cut it out, added a few buttons and some linen thread and called it a card.  The sentiment is from SU. Cardstock is SU crumb cake and early espresso.  As this ended up being and odd size I made and envelope to match. 

Shimmering Dragonfly
Really the same as the other card except I stamped the dragonfly from Papermania dragonflies urban stamp set, once on the background and once on a piece of cream paper, I embossed the dragonfly with Stampendous fine detail black embossing powder and then painted it with perfect pearls mixed with a little water.  I used a Tim Holtz texture fade embossing folder to emboss the early espresso strip and the cuttlebug mesh folder to emboss the card blank.  The sentiment is from Papermania Vintage notes urban stamps set.

Autumn Thanks
This little set of thank you cards was made using the scraps on my desk, I challenged myself to not use anything that wasn't already out as I keep ending up with a mountain of stuff which all ends up in the scrap pile and never used lol!  All made from SU crumb cake cardstock, SU early espresso ink, SU french foliage and SeeD's leaves stamps set and the squares where stamped by inking an acrylic block with distress ink in vintage photo, spritzing with water and the stamping onto the card stock.  The sentiment is also SU.

Winter Frost
This set of cards were all made using the SU winter frost collection, the sentiment is SU from the holiday catalogue, stamped in SU smoky slate and island indigo.  The shapes were cut on the cricut, as were the snowflakes and the ribbon is from Papermania.  After I had stamped the sentiments I gently sponged some SU illuminate ink all over to give it a subtle shimmer, they came out very pretty and I made half a dozen of these to sell ;)



Gift Card Holders
All these gift card holders were made following Dawn5377's directions on YT.  These were so easy and simple to make and I can see me making plenty more as the possibilities are endless really.






This last item was inspired by Joy of Obsessed with scrapbooking on YT , I don't have the Close To My Heart cricut carts as they are ridiculously expensive to by from the States, with shipping and customs it works out around £100, money I'm not willing to pay, especially as half of that is actually for shipping and customs!!  So I decided I would give it a go using one of my other cricut cuts.  I purchased the Cricut craftroom Exclusive quilted ornaments last year and never used them so thought it was high time I did lol!  I basically followed Joy's instructions but as I didn't have any tulle, I added some roses from Wild Orchid crafts instead and think it came out very pretty.  It's cut from American Crafts, crimson, vanilla, and pomegranate cardstock, ribbon is from Papermania.  It looks really beautiful on the living room door and I think I may make a couple more for my other doors.  Very happy with this :)

That's all for now folks, I do have more to post but need to get the camera out first lol.
Happy crafting
Anna xx

No comments: