Sunday 4 September 2011

Mum's The Word

Just the one card today, I was watching Barbara Gray on C&C yesterday and decided to have another attempt at brayering, I still can't seem to get the hang of it but this is the best I've done so far. I wanted a warm, autumnal card for my Mum's birthday and this is what I came up with.



Shopping List:-
Stampin Up Cardstock in Early Espresso and Daffodil Delight
Stampin Up DS Paper Botanical Gazette
Lavinia Stamps Satin Coated Cardstock
Stampin Up Inkpads in Early Espresso and Pumpkin Pie
Tim Holtz Distress Inkpads in Wild Honey and Brushed Corduroy
Tim Holtz Distress stain in Wild Honey
Faber Castell Drafting pen 0.1 Black
Tim Holtz Trimmings Lavish Ribbons
Mulberry St Sm Daisies Mocha Tyedye
ZvaCreative Fabric Covered Brads
Stampin Up Nature Walk & Just Believe Stamp Sets
Clarity Stamps Cottage
Lavina Stamps Teeny Bench
Stampin Up Word Window Lge Punch
Sizzix Sizzlet Mother Phrase
The tree Stamp is one I made using Imac Pac and a free font, the stamp I used for the leaves is a Lavinia stamp which I think was a freebie when I bought some goodies from her stand a few years ago at a craft fair, I'm also thinking that that is where I got the teeny bench stamp too.

Phew! I think that's the majority of the stuff I used lol!

I'm not going to go into the whole making of this as it took me ages lol! I did use the inks to give more colour to the DS papers and also used the distress stain to colour the seam binding from the lavish ribbon pack, and crumpled it while I dried it with the heat gun, I also coloured the fabric covered brad with the stain too and the mulberry flowers as they were not quite the right colour.

Still not sure I'm happy with the overall look of this but my hubby likes it so it's a pass lol!

No comments: