Good Morning, today I'm posting my first tutorial using the 2 step owl punch from Stampin Up. I haven't seen another tut for a chick so hopefully I'm not duplicating someone else's idea.
Here's a finished card using my chickies, I think they're fun and just a bit silly, sure to bring a smile :)
Lets get started :)
Scraps of yellow, orange, pale yellow, white, black and pale peach light card stock
Adhesive (I used Anita's tacky glue and a Sakura quickie glue pen)
Ink pads (I used Colorbox chalk petal pads in tangerine and yellow citrus for the chick and Stampin up cake crumb for the egg
1. Cut 4 owls, 2 in yellow and 2 in orange, 2 chest pieces in pale yellow, 1 of the small circles in yellow, 2 small circles in white, 1 heart in orange and 2 tiny circles in black (alternatively you could draw these on using a black pen)
2. Cut the feet off the yellow owls and sponge the edges
3. Glue the yellow owls over the orange base
4. Cut of the owls ears, rounding of the corners so you get a nice shape and then touch up the sponged areas
5. Do this to both sets and sponge the small yellow circle with the orange ink
6. Next sponge the 2 chest pieces with the yellow ink and glue to the main body of the chick
7. Cut the small yellow circle in half, sponge the cut edge and assemble the eyes
8. Glue the eyes just above the chest and then glue the beak (orange heart) in place, overlapping the eyes slightly
9. For the egg you need a scrap of pale peach card stock, punch an owl from a piece of copier paper.
Cut off the feet and the use to draw a rough template for the bottom half of the egg. It needs to be a couple of mm wider than the actual chick.
Then draw a rough line to join the two sides of the egg together and cut out
10. Sponge the edges of the egg with your brown ink pad
11. Glue the egg on to the chick with no face
And there you have your two chickies ready to decorate your card, I made several and chnged the position of the eyes to get different expressions.
Hope you enjoyed my first tutorial,